Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I've Been Picking at My Nipples Lately

When I'm home alone,
I stand shirtless
in front of the mirror
that's attached to the outside
of my bathroom door.

I begin by sticking push-pins
through each nipple-tip.

Usually,
only a small amount of blood,
if any,
is produced.

Once the pins are removed,
the nipples begin to swell and sting.

At this point, rubbing alcohol
is applied with one-inch cubes
of pink fiberglass insulation.

It's important to use
a vigorous scrubbing motion.

I suck air through the cracks
in my clenched teeth.

The nipples and the surrounding skin
should be nice and red by now.

A note about which picking instrument
is the best: I have always, and will always,
use an ice pick, preferably one
made in America in the 1920s or earlier.

by J. D. Nelson


reddit Digg Mixx Fark Google Bookmark Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon del.icio.us Technorati

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home