Monday, February 05, 2007

30TH AND 14TH

I live on the S/W corner of my block
Where the wailing sirens never stop
The hospital welcoming broken souls
As the hours of day take their toll
See the eerie house across the street
Never a face there will you meet
The brick wall newly painted white
A local buster worked it all night

Car Crashes
Small Stashes
Near Misses
Soft Kisses
And I don’t even know what day it is -

Up the road is the "Quicky Stop"
They’ll gouge you with a smile ‘cause
The prices never drop
See the long cars with their bass a’ bumpin
Left the store broke and still forgot something

Ghetto Birds
Brief Words
Strange Glances
Foolish Chances
And I don=t even know what time it is -

Outside my apartment the world keeps moving
The shrieking signal lights are never soothing
The traffic it keeps a’ whizzing on by
And even if I tried I couldn’t tell a lie

No matter the time
No matter the day
I wouldn’t have it any other way.

by J. B. Rush


reddit Digg Mixx Fark Google Bookmark Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon del.icio.us Technorati

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! I like it. I used to live on the other side of town -- 30TH AND 1ST. Sirens wailin' ... always. Not so cool. Hey, ya gotta live somewhere.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home