Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Note

Not wanting to spoil the perfect texture of the archival quality paper with its graceful lines and elegant balanced form I hesitate.
Clasping my pen tightly I generate an inspired idea worthy of its eternal companion and presenter the paper.
Easing my grasp on the pen I let it glide freely over the paper caressing it like the bosom of a slender and grateful lover
Undeterred by the black ball point pens unwillingness to illicit ink from its arid nib I persevere until the page is marked.
Taking great care with spelling grammar and presentation I let the words flow directly from my soul
Extremely happy with my accomplished piece I proudly display it for all to see on the mantle piece by the portrait
Exhausted from my exertion I retire to the peace and tranquillity of the outside.
Upon leaving the room I turn slowly towards my art for one final proof read.
Smiling profoundly I amplify the passage confidently as I exit.
Gone to buy groceries, back soon
x

by Steven Hargreaves


reddit Digg Mixx Fark Google Bookmark Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon del.icio.us Technorati

3 Comments:

Blogger mistivelvet said...

Goddamn. I fucking love this poem.

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude...... story of my life....

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

**Rich in language with an ordinary, but killer-takedown ordinary twist at the end. **Bravisimo!!!

- Sam Vargo

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home