Sunday, April 29, 2007

Silence

I was quiet as
a young man.
The silence seemed to
sanctify me.
I watched, listened,
took everything in.
But, the silence also
made me a
target for the bullies.
They called
me
everything under the
sun;
pussy, faggot, dickhead,
bitch, asshole,
cunt,
cocksucker,
you name it.
The assholes
were merciless.
They made fun of your
hair, your clothes.
It was usually the
jocks (who only knew
how to
throw a football) or
the preps (who
couldn't even count their
own money).
After graduation I
stayed in town
for a while,
worked, and
watched
some of the bullies who
made fun of me
turn to shit.
I see them every
now and then
licking the wounds on
their asses
that the world inflicted.
I watch
in silence.

by Dylan Elliot


reddit Digg Mixx Fark Google Bookmark Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon del.icio.us Technorati

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

boo-hoo

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home