Monday, January 10, 2011

Short coming

There is something
missing inside me
it must be missing
a gap
inside my head
because I fill
myself up
pour the fermentations
down my throat
gullet filling
but I stay incomplete.
I cannot pour
enough in to rise up
into my head
the words spill out
as the liquid
finds equilibrium
gurgling, bubbling
behind my tonsils.
I am missing
something
something else to fill me
missing something
to fulfil me but
happily when
my throat is full
I still have other
voids and the wine
bottle is to hand.
I am missing something
inside me. I
make do, a short
and narrow substitute
for the real thing
a short coming
but I am
missing something.

by jkdavies


reddit Digg Mixx Fark Google Bookmark Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon del.icio.us Technorati

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home